Here’s what I changed:
– Olive Oil instead of butter.
– I used ground turkey instead of ground beef
– I added red pepper flakes to the turkey while it was cooking
– Cauliflower mashed potatoes instead of sweet potato (although I’m the sweet potato version is really good too!). For the cauliflower mashed potatoes, I just steamed a large cauliflower until soft, then let it sit in a colander for 20 minutes to drain all of the water off, then put it in the food processor with a tablespoon of butter, a table spoon of olive oil, one large diced clove of garlic and salt, and blended until smooth.
– I added 1 head of cut up broccoli at the last minute, didn’t even pre-cook it, just threw it into the mix, the baking was enough and no one likes soggy broccoli. It just seemed like it could use some extra green.
– Used half a bag of peas, a whole bag seemed like a lot.